Monday, February 20, 2012

WHY DOESN'T MONIQUE LHUILLER BOOK FILIPINA MODELS?

This is a question I have had in my mind for quite some time now. Given that Monique Lhuiller (a New York-based and Hollywood famous Filipino-American Fashion Designer), does shows during New York Fashion Week twice every year, I do not get the point why she does not book Filipina Models who are based in New York.



With the likes of Charo Ronquillo, Sharina Gutierrez, Charlene Almarvez, or Danica Magpantaydoing rounds on different shows during New York fashion week, I have yet to see any one of them walk for Ms. Lhuillier. But I guess this is far from happening.

Now I just think that given that she is Filipino, it could have been great if she books Filipina models on her shows, as a support to them being equally hard working in the fashion industry. She could have very well been an instrument in promoting the Filipina models trying their very best to make it big in the industry. I would, definitely, if I were on her place. She books Chinese models and other models of other Asian ethnicity but she never booked a Filipino. And do not get me wrong, coz for sure, a designer has a say on the models she gets to walk for her show.




Well, this post is not really to put Monique in a bad light or anything, I am just wondering and asking. I am just expressing an opinion, which may sound too much of country patronizing to some, but really feels right for me to be given a chance to consider at the least.

Now why doesn't Monique book Filipina models?



I DO NOT KNOW. I WANNA KNOW.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kasi ayaw nya ma associate na Pinay sya. Did she even had a gown remniscent of a terno? Nada. I believe she eaz brougt up in an elitist kind of way so maybe booking Pinay models will degrade her show. Di bale I'll pray thay Oliver Tolentino and Michael Cinco will make it big someday - and do New York fashion week.

Jovy Princess said...

Modeling in Manila is a matter of establishment and aristocrats. There is no chance for normal models. What a pity!

Anonymous said...

If she picks the models she considers best for her shows then it doesn't matter where they're from. Would a Norwegian fashion designer necessarily be expected to pick Norwegian models?