Friday, March 9, 2012

FASH

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated since last week. I have been super busy the whole week.

I just officially started as Folded & Hung's new Designer - Product Development Manager for Menswear.




Basically, my week revolved around WGSN looking for fashion inspiration and trends that I can apply for my first collection for the brand. Right now, I am developing the Pre-Holidaya nd Holiday Collection for Menswear. I am already excited, and I cannot wait till my designs finally hit the stores. I am also doing some designs for Back-to-school collection which will be out on May.

I am happy, but I am also pressured at the same time with the responsibility I have for the brand. I just really hope I can bring in new ideas and concepts for F&H that people will appreciate and like.

Well, I may be busy with work, but I never failed to catch up on some fashion shows on the recently concluded Paris Fashion Week. And I must say, that the fashion houses are really stepping it up, not just on their respective collections but especially in terms of their show concept and designs.

I was wowed by the enchanting collection of Sarah Burton for ALEXANDER MCQUEEN. I was also fascinated with the "crystal kingdom" set of CHANEL. I also loved the sleek sophistication of ELIE SAAB's collection. But what really knocked my socks off was Marc Jacob's show for LOUIS VUITTON.

Last season, the magical huge carousel on the set wowed the audience and fashion spectators alike. This time, they tripled the effort (and the budget) and the WOW factor as they set up a train station with a huge real TRAIN for the show! All aboard the Louis Vuitton Express!

The show gave me goosebumps all throughout, from the moment the "gate" opened, the first model alighting the train, her personal porter walking behind her, till Marc's bow at the end of the show.

AMAZING!!!

The bags looked so gorgeous! And just the entire feel of the show is marvelous! Just see for yourself, so you will know what I am talking about.



Seems like Louis Vuitton is taking fashion show production value to the highest possible level every season.

I can't wait for their next!

No comments: