Saturday, April 21, 2012

WTF TYRA?

It is official, Tyra Banks' AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL show is totally revamping on their upcoming 19th Cycle with a whole new set of judges and team.



Yes ladies and gentlemen, Tyra just fired three of the longest running people on her ANTM team: Ms. J Alexander (runway coach-diva extraordinaire) who was with Tyra and ANTM since Cycle 1; Mr. Jay Manuel (creative genius of all their photoshoot and runway shows), and Nigel Barker (notable fashion photographer) who was with ANTM for 17 Cycles already.



Andre Leon Talley's exit last season was not that of a shocker really. It was indeed a sad news (for I believe it was ALT who was the ONLY credible fashion person ANTM had as a judge), but it was something I have seen coming even when he first joined the show on Cycle 14. But this time, the axing of the three who can be considered as the pillars of the show is something way beyond crazy. Like, WTF is Tyra thinking? (First, she thought of bringing British girls in "AMERICA's" Next Top Model, and now she wants to axe out her brilliant team?)

Tyra Banks posted the news on her official facebook page today saying, "To my Nigel Barker, Miss J, and Mr Jay. Thank you for all our years together on America's Next Top Model. Working with you is always an absolute pleasure. Excited for what the future holds for us."

The decision was made after the significant drop on ratings and viewership of the current season, and they wanted to shake things up. It was said to be the decision of CW Network and the other producers, and not just Tyra's alone. (Like, whatever Tyra, but you own the show and you have a say!)

On the other hand, Nigel barker wrote on his blog today: "I will miss the cast, the crew and ATM will always have a special place in my heart, having made life-long friendships and countless memories."

Seriously, after the ANTM All Star Cycle, I never really got myself to watch ANTM again. (Do you remember how infuriated I was when Lisa won over Allison? Gosh!!!) Though I have seen a few clips here and there while browsing channels whenever I am infront of the TV, but I have never watched a single whole episode. I am not that interested anymore.

If there's a "SAVE" here, I will use it one Ms J. He is actually my favorite from the show. But yeah, there's no saving anymore, coz they used it on Jessica Sanchez already. (Ay wait, ibang show pala yun. LOL)

So, who do you think should replace the three? Any names/persons in mind? Share! :)


PS.
Lola Tyra, ikaw na talaga. Lakas mo talagang magloka-lokahan! Goodluck on your show, and I wish you all the best! PAK!!!





No comments: