Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY: Gold Glitter Shoes

Hi guys! How's everybody doing? 

I know most of you went on hiatus on your provinces for the long weekend vacation. And while I am stuck here in Manila, I thought of doing something productive in a fashionable way. Here comes our first DIY project for my blog! :)) Yay!!!

I found this old yellow trainers from Zara sitting on the corner of my closet. I have only used it for five times (or less). Because everytime I do, it always rains (I really don't know why, but that's true) so by the day ends whenever I get home, it is always muddy and dirty so I have to ask our maid to wash it every time. Its bright yellow color faded eventually that's why I never got to use it again, but it is still in a very good condition tho.

Anyway, I thought of transforming it to something new and made it into my own version of GOLD GLITTER SHOES!!!




Follow the simple steps below to make your own glitter shoes too. :)

Materials:
  • Old Shoes
  • Elmer's All Purpose Glue (Rubber Cement)
  • Elmer's Spray Adhesive
  • Glitters
  • Paint Brush

1. Get your old shoes that you want to turn into a glittery wonder. Make sure to use/lay old newspaper on your workplace to avoid too much mess and to make it easier for you to clean up after.






2. Stuff your shoes with plastic. Then apply an even layer of Elmer's Glue on your shoes using a paint brush. Sprinkle glitters on the area.





3. When your shoes is already evenly covered with glitters, let it sit and allow the glue to dry. It takes about an hour or two. 






4. When already dry, make sure to shake off excess glitters. Then apply a thin coat of Elmer's Spray Adhesive to properly set it the glitters. I got the spray adhesive at Ace Hardware for P240.00.






5. Let the spray adhesive dry completely. Let the shoes sit for a couple of hours (I had mine overnight). Then, it is done! You may put back the lace and viola! 

You're very own Glitter Shoes!!! Dorothy will be envious, for sure!





Now excuse me ya'll. I will take my new shoes for a spin later for our Halloween Barkada shindig. 

Make your own version too, and hope you share it and let me know about it. :)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS!!!!

No comments: