Thursday, December 22, 2011

2011 Playlist: My 2011 in Songs

Year 2011 is coming to an end, sooner than we all expected. And before we bid adieu to the year that has been and welcome 2012 (I always get chills whenever I read/write/think of this number) with a bang, I would like to share with you the songs that make up the soundtrack of my 2011. Songs (both old and new) which capture all the experiences, emotions, thoughts and moments I had in this entire year. Some were good, some were bad, but all definitely shaped me and made me a better person.

The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved

For a lot of moments this year, I felt like I am the man who can't be moved, (or the man who can't move on). That no matter what I do, and no matter how hard people I love push me away, I still go back to that "corner" in my heart and mind where I am most happy and strong---that certain corner where the people I love will forever be.


Beyonce - Love on Top

This Beyonce song just can't help but make me feel happy. It also makes me feel so in-love even though I really am not in-love with someone. This is one of my songs with my favorite Ate, the woman I trust the most and the one whom I can be at my most honest, most fragile and most vulnerable---Ate Caress Caballero. Booty, I miss you so much! Will see you soon! :)


Lady Gaga - Born This Way

"I am beautiful in my way coz God makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way". Enough said.


\
India Arie - The Heart of the Matter

This is my song for that certain person that I truly love and admire, and despite the rollercoaster ride we both had with each other, (losing that respect and trust, and regaining them back), I still feel the same for him. He is still the best friend that I have and will always be. I still love him and respect him and will always be here for him no matter what happens.


Frou Frou - Let Go

And there are the people and things I had to let go of, not because I want to but because I need to---to make room for new and better people and things in my life.


Nicki Minaj - Super Bass

This is my ultimate song for this year. Not because I am a Nicki Minaj fan, nor I love rap songs, but this is one hella fun song that makes me happy every time I hear it. This is the first rap song I have ever memorized. Haha! And ask my friends, whenever they hear this song, I am always the first person they come to remember, promise! 



Pink - Raise Your Glass

This song never fails to boost my confidence and spirit whenever I feel sad or down or just plain blah. Besides, this is my ultimate road trip song. I can still imagine that car ride on the way home with my two best guy buds Markki and Mac.


The Killer - Smile Like You Mean It

:)



Adele - Someone Like You

Just because I freakin love Adele, and just because her songs are just so spot on for all drama queens like me. This song is the ultimate tearjerker and heartbreaker for me. The pain, the hurt, the love.... all that. Ugh!



So there, the songs of my year. What's yours?

By the way, I will be flying to somewhere later early morning and I am not sure if I will be able to post till I come back. Anyway, I would like to greet you guys a Happy Happy Christmas and a Bountiful New Year!

xoxoRJ

No comments: