Saturday, January 21, 2012

ANNA DELLO RUSSO vs DAPHNE GUINNESS

Anna Dello Russo.

Daphne Guinness.

Two of my most admired women in the world of fashion.

I have always been fascinated, interested, intrigued and oftentimes amazed by the kind of person these two women are. They are both women of power, confidence, beauty and exceptional fashion taste. They are both women of their own league. But sometimes, I really cannot refrain from somewhat comparing them. Not that I am pitting them against each other, but I sometimes wonder: Who dresses better? Who has got better fashion goods? Who has the better fashion taste?

Before other people react and raise an eyebrow, I just want to make clear that this post is not created to judge both of them. Who am I to anyway? Especially to two women who are ICONS in the world of fashion. I look up to them a lot, and this is just a fair fashion fanatic comparison thinggy. (LOL) (So are we clear?) :p

First of, The Honourable Daphne Diana Joan Suzannah Guinness. Otherwise known as DAPHNE GUINNESS, the heiress of the Guinness Family. Well known for her signature blonde and black streaks hair do, she is also prominent in the fashion world as a fashion journalist, a lover and collector of haute couture  and an International Best Dressed List Hall of Famer (1994).

To me, she will always be Alexander McQueen's ultimate muse. Idk, I just seem to always think of the late McQueen whenever I think of Daphne, and the other way around. Who can blame me, most of Daphne's iconic images, she's wearing McQueen.






IMO, she has this eccentric, avant-garde sense of fashion. She exudes this mysterious (almost goth) aura yet still screams sophistication and elegance at its finest. She to me embodies European Haute Couture. She looks intimidating (almost scary sometimes), and she seems to be a very silent, decisive, and very private person. She seems to be like the lady boss type, one who will ask her army to cut your head off when she sees you wearing an unforgiveable outfit. Haha! Just kidding.




Next is ANNA DELLO RUSSO, editor-at-large and fashion creative consultant for Vogue Japan. sfrom that, she is very well known in the fashion world as the self-proclaimed "Passionate Fashionista" being a religious collector of high-fashion garments and haute couture pieces, and also being widely featured in top style and fashion websites and magazines around the world.




\

Anna to me is the Mother of All Things Gold and Sparkly. She has this sense of fashion which is very mainstream yet very timeless. She has this fearless and free spirit, often times embodied in her choice of fashion and manner or wearing fashion.

Unlike Daphne, I see Anna as a very happy person. Not too private, not too "exclusive". She is someone I think I can approach when I see her on the street. Although there is still that bit of intimidation with how she amazingly dress, I think she can be friendly with everyone. And lemme just say that with her age, she can amazingly give any supermodel of this generation a run for her money.



Bottomline, BOTH of them are women of exceptional fashion beauty and essence. I love them both: I love Daphne's mysterious and elegance, as much as I love Anna's vibrant, amazing and ostentatious fashion spirit.




That's all. Going to bed now, and will be rubbing elbows with both of them in my dreams. Goodnight! :)

3 comments:

JJJJJJJ said...

McQueen is not an Haute Couture house right? But yes, she buys lots of haute couture from Dior.

RJG said...

oh yes, thanks for your point, since McQueen isn't member of the Chambre syndicale de la haute couture. But the works of McQueen are considered Couture, hence Haute Couture in essence. :)

irkajava said...

Alexander McQueen's work

was definitely haute couture

quality, but I believe one had

to have actually produced the

clothing in France in order to

be able to call one's art HC.

He was a gangster punk

artist and would not be told

what to do, I am sure this is

why (guessing.) Good

screenplay idea. A movie

WILL be made bout his life

eventually. High street and

Haute Couture fashion will

one day soon gain the

widespread attention that it

deserves. It should not

matter if one can afford to

wear these things or not.

Every last outfit is a piece of

ART. Alexander McQueen

needs no label, although he

is good enough to be

considered H.C, he is in a

class of his own. Sarah

Burton is doing ok-ly but

without McQueen, Galliano,

and Thierry Mugler, the

fashion world is completely

boring in my eyes.