Saturday, January 28, 2012

WHAT'S YOUR SUMMER BAG?

Hey guys! How are you?

Summer is fast approaching and now is the perfect season to buy the perfect Summer Bag.

When it comes to summer bags, I usually prefer big totes with big opening, usually zip-opening or just plain open. (read: LV Neverfull) I like it big and wide (east-west style), where I can just dump all the stuff I need (and not really need- :p) inside and take with me anywhere my feet leads me.

If you have few extra bucks to spare for a nice summer bag, here are my recommendation for the PERFECT (beautiful, stylish, sturdy, major winner and most of all, functional), here are my recommendations to at least help you with your hunt.


ANYA HINDMARCH NEVIS COLOR-BLOCK LEATHER TOTE

I truly adore this bag. The color-blocking trend is still spot on, and the color combination of this bag just spells SUMMER in all angles. The zip pocket inside is very useful in keeping some important belongings since this bag doesn't have a main closure. I also like that it expands on the side too. And can you see the pop of bright green leather contrasting to the clean white leather in the interior? I am in-love with this bag!



PROENZA SCHOULER PS11 TEXTURED LEATHER TOTE

If you are into structured bags and kinda into edgy style, this one is for you. I love the design duo behind Proenza Schouler. While their iconic PS1 bag is still in my bucket list of bags to own, this tote bag is also worth the clamor. Very chic, edgy, very unassuming yet very striking as well. 





ALEXANDER WANG PRISMA CANVASS TOTE

Leather bags can be a bit heavy most of the time, and if you are looking for something that weights a little lighter, but is still heavy in terms of style and function, this tote bag from Alex Wang is the right bag for you. I just love how simple yet chic it looks, and since it is made of canvass, you need not worry much if you sometimes get a bit harsh on it. Plus points that it comes with a small canvass purse which you can attach inside the bag, or just let it hang outside on one of the handles. 





REED KRAKOFF LEATHER TOTE

Firstly, I love the color of this bag, it is very spot on for summer. The shape is very lovely and I like that it has a lot of pockets. It looks very simple yet very chic and sleek. It can add a nice pop of color to a mostly white ensemble during summer season. :)






YSL NEO REVERSIBLE LEATHER TOTE

This for me is one of the perfect summer totes around. I love the shape, design, details, color and the fact that it is reversible, which gives you two looks in one. Just by looking at it, I can already see myself in the beach, walking barefoot in the sand while the sun is setting and a faint breeze touching my face (haha! too much with the imagination). I love it!




All the bags shown are available at Net-a-Porter website. They ship for free all over the world, and stocks are limited so gotta check them out before they are all sold out.

Happy bag hunting and summer dreaming. I guess I will officially start my summer countdown after Valentines day. :)


No comments: