Friday, January 6, 2012

IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES



So today, The Philippine Department of Tourism has officially launched the newest tourism campaign for the country. It is called "It's More Fun In The Philippines".  And I couldn't agree more.




For someone who has visited few other countries already, and have traveled all throughout the country (thanks to my previous job), I could really vouch for what the slogan says, and I would really like to emphasize on the word MORE.

Eversince, I have been a solid supporter of Philippine Tourism. I really believe in the beauty of our country and of what we can offer to tourists coming over. I know a lot of other Filipinos do too. The only problem is that they lack support, either they are just too lazy or just plain apathetic (which I say is very sad).

On twitter, the new slogan is all over the place. It has been trending all day long, and my timeline has been flooded by tweets about the new tourism campaign. We cannot avoid that there are some who (yet again) try to diss the campaign, having no good words to say and just continuously saying negative stuff. Seriously, these people need to really just shut the fuck up, and if they do not care about Philippine Tourism, they should just bury themselves in their backyard. (read; crab mentality. IRITA TO THE MAX)

Anyway, all the good and even the bad stuff said about the campaign, I guess it is really about time to start talking about our country---promote its beauty and everything it has to offer. In the first place, it is only us, Filipinos, of all the nationalities in the whole world, who can make something trend in the internet in just a snap. Why not continue doing it to promote our tourism and showing some love to our motherland?

I would like to be one of the very firsts to hooray for the campaign and the wonderful job the DOT has started. I just hope that all the efforts and high hopes doesn't just start and end on to this note. 

For more info about the campaign, please visit: http://itsmorefuninthephilippines.com/




No comments: