Sunday, January 22, 2012

JESSICA SWEET CAKE :)

*original photo* credit: Jessica's FB account.

Here is my attempt in drawing my most favorite model friend/muse/fashion inspiration/sweet cake--JESSICA YANG.

To people who know me, it is no surprise to know how much I truly adore this girl. She is one of the sweetest and most genuine person I know in the fashion world. And I am very glad to be having the privilege of calling her my friend. :)

I so love this girl, and I made this drawing/painting (I used watercolor pencils) of her to give as an advance Happy Birthday present for her.

I rarely do portraits/draw people. I love drawing stuff but not people's faces. I mean, I'm fine drawing faces but not copying a certain face because I am not very good at it. This one, is a brave attempt and I think I kinda deserve a pat on the back. hehehe. Plus, this is the very first portrait art that I made. YAY! 

And as far as I know, in my entire life, I have only given paintings/drawings I made to three people so far, and those were just abstract art/drawings. (Of course, not counting the fashion sketches I have given to all my clients-LOL). Two paintings I have given to my best friends in college, and one painting just the other year to my other model bestfriend who got married. (Actually I am not really confident of giving/gifting artworks I made to people...) Jes will be the fourth one--but the first to receive a portrait I have made. :) 

I just adore her like that. :)

Here's one of my favorite pics with her, taken during my Dots and Stripes Birthday Celebration last year at 7th High Superclub.


^___^ 

Cheers to having amazingly beautiful friends, both in and out. :)

And Happy Chinese New Year to all, too! 

No comments: